Thursday, February 12, 2015

2-12-15

Why wasn't I good enough to save? 
Why didn't you stick up for me when i needed it? 
Why did you let it happen for over a decade without helping me? 
Why couldn't you do that for me? 
Why are they better than me? 

All these questions circle my mind daily... 
I want to hate you. I should hate you. 

But instead... I miss you. 
I miss talking to you. 

I wonder if I'd be different, had you been there for me when I needed it. The way I needed you. 
Would I be better? Would I be worse? 
Would the nightmares still come? 
Would I still be...me? 



Do you think it made me stronger when you didn't help me? 
Do you think it helped me grow? 


Did you know I still remember every detail? Every smell, every touch, every demand he made of me? 
Did you know that I was scared while it was happening? 

What about my sister? Did he do that to her? Did he hurt her like he hurt me? 
Did she tell you like I told you? 
Did you ignore her cries for help? 

Why did you choose him over me? Why would you abandon me when I needed you most? 

 And the memories never faded..... Not even after decades passed.. It's still right up front. It still haunts me. But you won't ever care about me like I needed you to. I'm faulty. Broken. And for whatever reason... You weren't there when I needed you the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment